Thursday, August 02, 2007

Another year, Another beginning

Much has been knit and spun during the year, but this post will begin from right now only . . . the last two FO's.
Those would be a pair of socks (always there are socks). These were knit with Lorna's Laces, one of my favorites.
Second would be a summer top. Dug through my stash and found some very lightweight, probably laceweight linen. Needing something to strand with it to get the gauge, I remembered the Habu Soysilk I got at StEast a few years ago. They worked perfectly together giving the top a bit of drape which linen by itself would not do. Then I settled on a topdown raglan pattern in Beyond Wool, by Candace Eisner Strick. It's a quick and simple pattern, but looks elegant. Fits well, too.
The Mystery Stole is coming along . . . almost to the last of Clue 5. Tomorrow the big secret will be out. What is the theme?

My next post will cover the recent carding experiment.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Is that a slip stitch pattern in your socks? How clever! It breaks up the striping nicely and really adds to the effect. And, the little summer top is wonderful! Someday I'm going to have to figure out what to do with my Habu. Loved the glimpses of garden in the background. Looking forward to the carding pic. :)

Melanie said...

What an elegant little summer top! It looks like it has wonderful drape. Very nice, and the socks are great too.