Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Icarus


In addition to spinning the fiber from the last post, I have completed the Icarus that was published in the Interweave Knits, using Alpaca with a Twist. The pattern was quite simple, only one change . . .a suggestion from Mel . . . to knit in the back of the knit stitch between the yarn overs. I think I may knit another one . . although not right away as I am in the middle of the Flower Basket, another easy knit. I would highly recommend the Icarus or the Flower Basket as a first shawl project.

On the needles . . in addition to the Flower Basket, cashmere BTW, are a pair of socks and a FairIsle hat.

Hmm... just saw Vicki's beautiful Jonquil roving she received from Lisa. Gee, maybe I'd like some of that as well. Check it out at Fiber Corner.

Roberta

No comments: