Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Four gloves and more


One glove turned into two. Then having to try a different cast on and yarn from the stash, two became four. What have I learned? To begin with I found that tubular cast on, which looks so beautifully rounded on the edge, is not very elastic. Consequently, glove number four had to be worked twice. . . not a stretchy cast on. The second thing I learned was that alpaca is definitely incredibly warm, so you will want to make a second pair as a spare. As for the pattern . . . I highly recommend Rita Buchanan's pattern to any beginning glove knitter as the pattern is simple, easy to follow, and a good fit.

While the gloves were evolving the last bit of blue kid mohair/corriedale/coopworth slid from my fingers and onto the bobbin. It is roughly a fingering weight . . . all nine ounces of it . . . so may want to be a Faroese shawl. I think that's what I will do.

Ready for the next dance . . .

2 comments:

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicki said...

Oh, your blue handspun looks good enough to eat! It will make a lovely shawl.